Friday, January 10, 2014

Workouts and workins?

This isn't a new years resolution, this is something that has been in the works. The fact that the season for my roller derby team happens to be coinciding with the new year.... means that I can ride the tide of other peoples motivations.  It does mean that the gym is full of people that are striving to be stronger and better, and being around that is intoxicating and uplifting in a way.

I also know I am not a crazy workout person, although I have been in the past.  There was a point when I was in the Navy that I weighed nearly 200 pounds.  My weight was a symptom of a bad mash up of a horrible sleep schedule, moods and emotions were fluctuating across the board, and eating all of the foods of the deep south. After being bored on a deployment to the middle east, I started working out, and I did it all the dang time. Fast forward to the my return to the states and I worked out at the gym like crazy.  BAM, the pounds melted away and I was hovering around 154.  Happy, and eating a ton.  Fast forward again nearly a decade and while I do derby twice a week, my fitness is not where it should be.

The input is being worked on, and that is being kept in separate posts, but the working out is focused around simple stuff I can do.  At least three times a week I go to the gym, hit up the cardio warm up for 10-20 minutes, and do some crazy HIIT exercises.  Examples of those workouts can be found here, with my inspiration: ZuzkaLight.  I do not hold any preconceived notions that I will be as fit as this chick, she is freaking crazy. Perhaps, I should take it as a warning that for as fit as she is, she is exhausted in the middle of these workouts.  Lets just say that I fully know, I will die doing these.  YAY!!!

I will post updates as I go.

Currents stats:

weight: 164-167 - depends on if I use the dial scale at home or the freight scale at work.
waist: 30 inches (am i sucking in?)
hips: 43 inches
Belly: 36 inches

No comments: