Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Status Update

In my check off grid at work (a 7x12 grid) I have 20 boxes filled in since 12/13/13.  Ten of those are since the new year. Since today is the 21st, that means that I have been working out nearly every other day.  Starting weight at the beginning of the year 168-170.  Current weight 166-168.  It is difficult with the fluctuations in my female body to tell if this is true weight loss or if this is 'water weight'.  Lets assume that things are positive.... and lets assume that it is a structural loss of 3 lbs.  That means that I have lost about a pound a week, and overall that is keeping on par, but slightly below what I want.  Right now I am aiming for 1.5 lbs a week.

(Taking a break to look at my 1/2 gallon jug of water, and drink a full glass worth in one shot, about 8oz and do ten explosive squats)

I would like to say that I am celebrating this as a success.  That I notice a difference, but I don't.  It is really difficult to not attribute the weight loss to my normal fluctuation associated with my menstrual cycle.  During the summer I can fluctuate about 4lbs, and during the winter I have seen that go as high as a ten pound difference.  It has also only been 20 days, so it is hard to say that I would feel or see any significant improvement without drastic measures.  What I have been doing is hardly drastic, it is sustaining.

Next step, cut down heavy grains even more, and up the work out intensity by 10%.

Today's meals: Breakfast - 1/4 cup of Butternut squash, less than a 1/4 cup of rice, 1/2 serving of ham sauteed and salted with a tortilla. Coffee
Lunch: 1 serving of vanilla yogurt (120 cal) with a drizzle of agave nectar (20 cal) and some home made granola (250 cal), two cups of tea.
Snack: 1.5 servings of chips, 4 small pieces of toast with spinach & artichoke spread
Dinner: 1 serving of crab Ravioli, 1 cup of steamed veggies.

No comments: