Monday, February 03, 2014

Axes and Accidents, and maybe a bit of temptation.





What a feverish weekend.  Mom and J were over this weekend, and Saturday while the boys were out playing in the sunshine, I decided to split some kindling.  As I am stacking another log on the splitter, I ran my hand up into the axe blade.  A few hours later, some stitches, and I have all of my fingers and thumb, and thankfully no nerve or tendon damage.
Yay!!!  Of course it placed a small kink in the dinner plans, and the evening skating with my mom and my best friends, but overall it is what it is.

On an up note I did notice while out to eat at a restaurant, that I was full before I ate half of my burger, and had even removed the bun and most of the starchy sides.  Additionally, I found myself very content with smaller portions and eating simply.  Didn't want dessert or other sweet goods, (except for when at the hospital, I need hard candies to help stay focused).  I also felt really good after my small workout on Friday.  30 minutes of cardio, followed by a 5 crazy exercise circuit with minimal breaks, repeated 3 times.  I was dripping sweat and having a hard time completing them all. YAY!  Now, I am somewhat glad that I did a LOT of pushups on Friday, because it might be some time before I can do them again.

I took some photos of myself, some very honest photos, of me in my skivies.  Using them as a comparison along with my weight and measurements to see where I am, how far I have come, and generally.... to keep me motivated to keep going.

Today's measurements:
weight: 166
waist: 30
hips: 41



No comments: