Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Frakenthumb, Festivities, Failure, and uhm... F

Today I am pondering those things which begin with F.  First off there is my Frankenthumb.  The slice and stitches above the thumb from my wound make it look like I have been pieced together.  The pain is still somewhat there, but the throbbing has gone away.  A thankful change in circumstance, especially with a rather busy week ahead.  (Saturday is yet another roller derby bout, against a more difficult opponent than last time).

Last night I showed up to the track to skate, only to come off my skates during warm up due to an equipment malfunction. I tried to make the best of it and do squats and sit ups to stay active and warm. The workout tho, was a failure, and I found myself heading home early.  Stopping at the frozen yogurt place to try their new 32cal half a cup toasted coconut blend.  Ohm nom nom. Yesterday was somewhat of a 'gorging day'.  I had lots of carbs in the form of 7 grain bread and the yogurt.  The thought process being that I am going to need a good storage tank come Saturday, and don't really want to eat heavy before practice Thursday, or on Saturday morning.  Friday will also be a complicated day due to some plans.

I truncated my work-out on Wednesday also; due to a surprising number of people in the gym.  So, as of this moment I am in a deficit when it comes to my workout. Not a good place to be when I need to be upping the ante even more than I have been.  Tonight, I hope to make up for that.  Starting out the day right by eliminating bread from my breakfast.  Followed by lunch of cut carrots, grapes, and tea, and a mid day snack of an orange.  Dinner tonight, I am not sure yet, but it will be simple. Perhaps a spinach salad?




Finally, I am being frank with myself and focusing on the fact that if I fail to workout... I fail myself.




No comments: