Monday, May 12, 2008

Today is the day

Well it's about 630 on the morning on my departure, the sun is shining brilliantly through the window, nearly blinding me, Percy is at my feet, Tom is snoring in bed, and all of my packing and prepacking and checking and rechecking is complete. All I have left to do in the next hour or so is enjoy my cup of coffee, write this post (which happens to be my 100th post!!) and say my goodbyes to Tom and Lisa.

I am somewhat looking forward to the drive to Omak, but I am definitely not looking forward to the driving aspect. Aside from following the Rockies for a while and then crossing them, I will be spending the majority of my time on flat prairie. I have planned to make a stop every two hours for the dogs, and for myself to run around.

Tom pointed out something interesting yesterday while we were flying the stunt kite, first off it was a beautiful day, the sun was bright, the grass was green and lush, the temperature was just right... it was a perfect moment. Anyways, he pointed out that although I have taken quite a few road trips across long distances, even cross country, this is the first trip that I will be taking by myself. I thought about it, and aside from a few cross state trips, this will be the first long distance trip that I have taken by myself. I am somewhat indifferent when I think about it, yes I am excited this is my first solo trip, but also, it really doesn't matter to me, since all major trips have been just as exciting for me. If anything I would rather have company, that way we could talk and split the driving.

Well, I am going to go have my last breakfast in this house for the next 4 months. Play with the dogs, and wake up Tom and Lisa.

Love always, and I am wishing you all safe travels.

Nic

No comments: