Saturday, August 23, 2008

July 29th Journal entry

Here is partial write up from one of my journal entries


July 29th
Rain comes easily to the Northwest, and at 6:15 am this morning a light drizzle started. I awoke early to wish Daviel and his kayakers a safe journey as they passed the point, and at 6:37 they came in, gliding silently from the North shore. It is so peaceful right now. Water is dripping off the roof into buckets I have placed and the lone falcon chases a bald eagle. When I first arrived I would see up to five eagles at a time fishing off the point, but since the falcons had their babies, I may only see one a day. Each friend has their place, some come and go, others stick around, and some disappear into the sea. I hear an eagle this morning, but I feel he is electing to stay hidden in the trees on the banks near the mule barn, so as not to aggravate the falcon. Another bird arrives, small, compact, with a clear shrill ‘twisp’. It seem befitting that it should rain today. Surrounded by a sea of water and we find ourselves lacking fresh water at times.

No comments: