Monday, February 25, 2008

Fresh Tracks in Caribou


There is truly nothing as beautiful as the sound of fresh snow crunching under your feet as you move along the untracked road. This photo was taken a few weeks ago while I was cross country skiing through Caribou with family. I came upon it again this weekend, I couldn't help but close my eyes and remember exactly when and where I took this photo. The wind was something fierce, (looks like fog in the photo) and if you made the mistake of stopping in an open area it would nearly blow you over if not form a snow drift around you. The snow was so light that had you picked up a handful and threw it in the air, you would see a thousand rainbows explode into a drifting cloud. In between the snow-laden gusts large swatches of a cloudless azure sky blazed against the crisp white of the powder landscape. I could almost taste warm hot cocoa and a chili bread bowl waiting for me at the end of trail, a blazing fireplace and a couch that envelops you as you sit.

Ok, I am going to go back to my memory and plan my next cross country ski trip.

No comments: