Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Kinda on the road


Ok, so technically I am not on the road to Boulder at this precise moment. However I am in the process of cleaning out the van and making sure everything that is going in the van is perfectly packed and what have you to fit the dogs, myself, and my mom. I have tried to keep down to 3 large Tupperware containers (all of which can be removed at night to accommodate my mom's air mattress) I am perfectly content to sleep in the Mountain Hardware Skyview 2 tent (with Rose and Percy) on our prefectly comfortable Thermarests. It's silly that I have actually planned out the whole layout of the interior of the van when it's packed. I am just hoping that all of the incidentals will fit in to the nooks and crannys that might fit here and there. Add on top of that my momma would rather stay in a hotel at least one night of our trip (23 road hours but I want it to last at least 4 days). I am a little perturbed that my mother wass trying to dictate exactly how my road trip was supposed to go. I hate to say it like that and mean that this is solely about myself, but I had already started planning this trip ahead of time with stops in certain areas and my van situated a certain way. Eh... OH well.. guess what I get to do in the am... (after taking a van full of recyclables to North Augusta) clean, clean, clean the van and then go to Tuscany Spa for my pre trip massage...mmmm... massage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun on your trip:)