Sunday, November 18, 2007

Belated trip end.

Ok, so I feel really bad, I actually got into Boulder a few days ago. I have just been so drained that I couldn't bring myself to write anything. For once, I did not even write in my journal the whole trip. After the last stop in Nashville we drove across Kentucky and camped just over the Ohio river in Illinois. It was a little odd since the state park was located so close to a 'downtown region' that we listened to the deep rumble of trains passing by all night. It was nice to have the smoke curling off the fire as we played Scrabble (which I came to find out that my mom absolutely hates that game) and listened to the wind blowing through the trees and rustling the falling leaves. Thank goodness we had listened to the weather forecast driving across Kentucky, for it started to rain that night, and although it petered off several times, it rained consistently nearly the whole night. The drive through Illinois was droll and filled with miles and miles and miles upon miles of nothing but foggy flat country, dead deer and highway. That day we made all the way through Illinois and Missouri and to somewhere west of Topeka. A state Park out in the middle of BFE Kansas. It was beautiful driving in and seeing a flock of about 10 plump female turkeys, white tailed deer bounding across the road and the signs of many other wild animals (possible bobcat, wolves, raccoons etc..)

The next morning we took off about 6 am, drove and drove and drove across the windswept tundra that is Kansas. There is not much to speak of in Kansas aside from something like 80+ road 'waffles', 50+ mile per hour winds, and dust, lots of dust. It was nice as soon as we crossed the Colorado border and in short order started to see the rockies as floating large thunder clouds in the distance.

I really want to write more about my whole trip, but right now I am so blasted in my mind with all of the change and all of the things that I feel that I have left unfinished and all of the things that are yet to come. I will post the pictures and greater descriptions of the tour within the next day or so in between family visits and the holidays.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Nic

No comments: