Monday, October 29, 2007

fire at the lake


Recently was down playing with poi and doing some yoga lakeside with a few friends. Here are some 'snaps'.

My journal writing has somewhat tapered off recently. Especially with the fact that I am a little stressed out by this move. While the majority of people use their journals and diaries as an escape, or another 'ear' to listen to their grievances.... I can not. My journal is usually filled with page upon page of lists, random events, simple mutterings, and general fluff. It's as if by filling my journals with the mundane, I am able to express through my letters to friends and family the greatness of each day.

That has always been the one thing that has greatly saddened me with the 'golden age' of technology. Although I did not grow up in an era that predates computers, I can't help but love the feeling of a handwritten letter from a long lost friend. When was the last time you walked to your mail box, pulled out a letter addressed to you, and stopped on your lawn or your driveway and just sat down to read it. Relishing in the moments of remembrance and happiness. Even the saddest of letters is most treasured in my home.

Last friday I went to a friends football game. The second time in my life I have ever gone to a high school football game to watch the coach and not the team. It's funny how different the whole high school football scene is down here compared to back home. I always thought of the 'Dirty South' as being pro-football everything. Back home the high school football stands are always packed. Even the small schools will always have full stands, and it's usually LOUD!!!. Oh yeah... and we usually try and make lots of noise when the opposing team is kicking off... not our own. I thought I was sitting in the wrong section when I heard all of the parents going nuts as their team tried to kick a field goal. Weird. :)

Alright.. this was random and I know it, so... I am going to go meet my realtor in half an hour and hope that this house sells as soon as possible... and at a good price of course!

No comments: