Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ring of Fire


Let me start out by saying in no way shape or form do I believe that I will accomplish the following feat in the next few years. It's something that I will hope will take a little bit of time and that I can tick off one by one.

My goal is to hike all of the major volcanoes in the Pacific Northwest, an endevour that I have named "The Ring of Fire". Which is of course only a small section of the true Ring of Fire. Anyways, I look at it like this, I have already been on Mt Shasta and Mt Baker, the two ends of the range and I guess I should start filling in the middle. Most of these mountains were literally in my backyard and they became landmarks or monuments of my life.


There are a handful of lesser peaks that at the moment I don't plan on putting on my list but one day I might decide to go ahead and do the easy hike up them. As for this summer, I am looking into hiking one of the following mountains..



Mt Adams














Glacier Peak,












Mt Jefferson or maybe one or another.
















I have one hell of a training program set up right now, and if anyone wants to join me at the gym or on one of my outdoor workouts, you are always welcome, I could use the motivation :).

Alright, I will keep you all updated on the 'Mountain of Choice' and my progress. till later... CHEERS!!!