Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Come along... to Alexanders Rag time... what?

There has been great advances in the homestead! Delectable treats from Chef, and a new pallet garden for Super Mom! PP has moved into her new place with a sweet comfortable retreat in the backyard, best enjoyed with wine and sunsets. These days are sunny and hot, and they bring all sorts of wonder to the garden. Super Mom and family have acquired a large amount of buckets and pallets, perfect for fence and container gardening. My little part of the homestead is growing faster than I can keep track of! I messed up the watering one day and accidentally killed off small things pumpkin, and I feel horrible for it.... but everything else is growing so fast that I am rushing to make sure the peas climb the trellis and the tomatoes are properly supported. At the same time there is a push to get the slug traps out, since the last few days their slimey trails have been spotted along the garden paths and across the cucumber leaves. A few cut bottles filled with left over beer have attracted and drowned over 20 of them, but I can't seem to stay on top of it. There has been no sign of rabbits, deer, or even dogs, breaking through the fence, which I am thankful for. Will post photos tonight!

No comments: