Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paris Episode 2


Jan 21st cont...

There is something pleasing about a map. TI's lines and etchings ay 'here i am, all of the knowledge you need, and I can be trusted, I am the culmination of all of the great thinkers of life that may have wondered across my pages and folds. What better way to finish a meal then to have that wonderful coated feeling of formage, and a cafe with it's somkey darkness. Thankfully our waiter at the bistro is helpful and understanding of our troubles and helps us with our poor pronunciation and lives through our bastardization of the language of love. If only everyone in the world was as polite and understanding of peoples faults. I think of the novel that I'm reading now, 'Le Flaneur' about the consumate wonderer, the one who travels Paris to purposely lose themselves in its streets. Ah this is me, I would walk the whole of Paris if the opportunity presented itself at the right time. Ah the possibility that is the American Western Front, home of the pioneers and outposts. It suits me all to well. I keep thinking of jobs back in Boulder.

No comments: