Sunday, July 15, 2007

River Rafting on the Wenatchee

**All names associated with RIVER RECREATION are omitted or changed for privacy**
Recently took my mom and Jeff on a little whitewater rafting adventure down the Wenatchee. I chose River Recreation because of the reviews I read about their services on line.

They did a fantastic job!!!

All of the guides we had did a wonderful job at navigating us through the river and making sure we saw a fair share of the water find it's way into the boat. At one point our guide D had me get on the front of the raft and do a little bit of rodeo amongst this beautiful 7ft wave train. A gorgeous series of roughly 3 waves stacked one after the other, and there I am with only a little bit of rope and my 'balls' holding me in the boat.

All in all it was definitely worth it, and if anyone is planning on rafting any of the North Cascades rivers, I would highly recommend contacting these guys, everything about them is what one would expect of a high quality business. Maybe next season I will see them on the Skagit, or I might have to hit them up for the newest beta on Cascade Creek. My next BIG QUEST!!!.

Here is a few more pics from the trip.

Nic trying to eat B's hair. A game of 'trust'. I won.


Some of the rapids under the bridge.... like to slam you into a pole... not so good... D kept us out of trouble though :)
and finally... a pic of me and mom on the river.




For reservations or further information, please contact RIVER RECREATION at
http://www.riverrecreation.com/
or call 1-800-464-5899

1 comment:

Yosify said...

Wow! It was great to read your blog about your trip with us at River Recreation. As your guide I had a great time taking you and your family down the Wenatchee River, and hope that you can come out rafting with us again real soon! If you are at all around in September, or can break away for a weekend, you should definately come see the Tieton River, which follows Highway 12 from White Pass to Naches in Washinton State. Have a great rest of your summer!

"D" (your guide from River Recreation)