Tuesday, April 18, 2006

how many do you burn?

Ok, I admit it.. I am not in the best shape of my life, but who is in this day in age in the great society we live in. So, to determine generally how many calories I spend in a day, I fiddled around on a few sites to find out on average how many calories I would burn doing some of my favorite activities.
Here comes the shocker, I am going to say my weight and my estimated BMI/BF!! On average I am about 165, according to the Navy standards I am 31%, although by other calculations I am roughly 26. My BMI is roughly 25, so that means for 60 minutes of mt biking 857, fencing 605, frisbee, general 302, ultimate frisbee 806, kayaking on flat water 504, rock climbing 1109, sky diving 353, Backpacking with a 35-45lb pack 445.5, whitewater rafting 956.

I would say that would give you a fairly decent look into how each event stacks up and also what sort of preperation certain sports take.

If you are interested in finding out what a generalized calculation for your own standards, type in "activity calorie calculator" into your preferred search engine. my searches took at least 3 pages

No comments: